'54 Ford Club of America - Forum

Forum participation is open to the general public. This forum is made possible by dues paid by the members of the 54 Ford Club of America. Therefore we ask that, if you post a car or parts for sale, you join the national club.
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:30 pm 
Club President

I just flipped the switch on the updates for the website and the forums, and so far, it looks like the roof hasn't fallen in.

Due to a legal situation that our website service managed to get themselves into, our website had to be completely rebuilt from the ground up. After many hours of wrangling with it, I felt comfortable enough tonight to publish it and like I said...I think it's going to fly. I still have much editing to do, but I think what we'll have in the end will be superior to what we had previously.

The forums probably don't look much different but we did upgrade to a newer version which will let us do some things that we haven't been able to do before. I'll be filling you in on what those things are in the near future.

The one minor casualty that I noticed on the main website was in the photo album section. All of the car owner's names transferred, but the misc data about each car didn't survive the switchover. If you'd like your info added back to your photo, please email it to me and I'll get it put back in. I also haven't quite figured out how to make the photos appear in alphabetical order, but I'm sure that will over the next few days. Until then, you can either browse through them to find yours or...use the nifty new search box at the top of the photo album page.

Stay tuned to the website and this thread for more over the next days and weeks.

Don

Check out my 54 Ford Project Blog
http://mainlineford.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:59 pm 
Forum Administrator

Looks good Don,,and look,,,"The sky ain't fallin!",, :lol:

I'm from a two tin cans and a string era trying to muddle my way through Cyberspace!

Photos of the Ranch Wagon,, 348 images and the Wagon is finally a driver!
http://public.fotki.com/hotrodprimer/hotrodprimer-1/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:07 pm 

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised when I logged on and saw the new updated site. Great job! :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:55 am 

is it jut me or has the "view active topics" become a casualty of the upgrade? I've tried numerous times in the past week and the response is ' no active topics"?