'54 Ford Club of America - Forum

Forum participation is open to the general public. This forum is made possible by dues paid by the members of the 54 Ford Club of America. Therefore we ask that, if you post a car or parts for sale, you join the national club.
It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:32 pm 

A little bit about me. I'm a engineer that works for a company that does heavy marine construction. IE... build islands, dikes, artificial reefs, levees etc etc...

I'm 47 years old with 3 daughters and 1 son... ranging from 25 years old to 6 years old. Very avid car enthusiast. I have had newer sports cars ranging from gen 5 Camaro to a limited edition FRS release series 1.0

But my true love of cars has been classic and antique automobile. When it comes to the newer cars... 80s to present day cars. There's no limit on modifications that i will do to them. As in i have had a 83 coupe, 86 regal, 03 celica on hydraulics....

My 2010 SS Camaro.... at 3000 miles I voided warranty by taking out the LS3 and dropping in a crate LS9.... (Kept the LS3 and put it into my FRS which lasted all of about 2 months before I pulled it out because it was ridiculously fast/scary)

Onto classic and antique... I have always wanted one. Not gonna lie... I always wanted a car as close to factory original as possible. Well this last Tuesday I acquired my 54 Customline from a Houston dealership. Ended trading my FRS in and the dealer gave me a car that couldn't have been any more closer to factory original than as if it had rolled off the lot. Plus he had to cut me a check for the balance he owed me for the FRS.....

Onto the screen name... I happen to be in a hobby that has been long forgotten about by many people my age and younger. My CB handle has been Skyhawk since I was 13 years old. I had even gotten my call sign in amateur radio back in 94.... KC5HKV... I have since let it expire in 2004 but only because I was aggravated by how the new "No Code" operators were treated at me. I am now considering getting back into ham radio as I have heard that things are way different.

Onto my 54. This car met the requirements I was always looking for on getting a car of this age.
1 not modified to the point that you can't even see a resemblance of what it used to
2. Documentation of the car. Oh yeah... this car was restored and well documented. Now I wish I could get ahold of him to let him know. It's out of the elements that it has been sitting in for about 5 months and back inside of a garage.....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:33 pm 

Welcome - how about a pic - we love pics.