'54 Ford Club of America - Forum

Forum participation is open to the general public. This forum is made possible by dues paid by the members of the 54 Ford Club of America. Therefore we ask that, if you post a car or parts for sale, you join the national club.
It is currently Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 54 SKYLINER
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:23 pm 

1954 Skyliner . Interior/chrome/paint all re-done to almost original. White over blue. This is rust free, straight/stock body, California car. Newer Skyliner roof with new shade. 1970 (?) 302 has 4 bbl aluminum hi-riser intake, very expensive Holley air cleaner, headers, serpentine chrome accessory drive kit, AOD, 9" rear, Borgeson steering, AC, Power disc brakes, digital gauges, relocated battery, older Cragers that have some pitting. This car had some problems when I bought it several years ago: Bad steering, AC and windshield wipers didn't work and a leaky C-4 that has now been replaced with a new AOD (no miles), new driveshaft, new speedo cable and new Lokar linkage. The 302 has been relocated (lower and forward) to give clearance for the larger, new AOD. (zero miles.)

What is needs: Install radiator/fan and related hookups, re-attached the custom steering wheel, re-hook up the digital gauges that were temporarily moved in order to have access to the steering column for the Borgesen installation, attach the steering linkage and the other odds and ends when you pull the engine/steering/trans etc.

Why is it for sale? I have a 54 VIctoria that has essentially the same as above, love it and drive it a lot. Health issues are playing a role in my 9th decade that prevent me from doing the rest of the work needed for the Skyliner. (working under the dash is no longer just a PITA--it is impossible) My loss and someone else's gain if they have a little time and some talent. All the 'stuff' is there to finish a very nice, solid vehicle anyone would be proud of---at a fraction of what has been invested in it. $18,500.00 , obo Illinois 309-645-9026